Monday, November 29, 2010

wheatgrass smoothies for a monday morning

Well, hello Sunday after a wonderful break, eve before everyone goes their separate ways during the day blues...
What an incredibly relaxing, fun weekend.  We've played hard, pounded a lot of nails into wood, made a cardboard computer complete with feathers, countless drawings, decked the halls, laughed with family and friends, journeyed together.  
Wednesday, the bus brought us an agitated boy who was in great need of some time off.  So, I approach tomorrow with a bit of uncertainty.  I hate to see them go.  But I gear myself up to make the moments with them what matters.  
I'll be fine.  Zumba in the morning.  And our wheatgrass is in need of a good trim, so we'll begin the day with grass clippings in our smoothies.  Not like dancing and smoothies in the morning is what makes me fine (but it's fun too look forward to :)  
I just keep walking, one foot in front of the other, trusting the guiding hand of our Maker and learning to let these precious little ones do the same.



wheatgrass smoothies
1 cup plain yogurt (or vanilla yogurt, but then you won't need honey)
1-2 inches clipped wheatgrass
2 T. honey (or to your taste)
1 1/2 cups strawberries, frozen
1 banana (have used frozen before)
Add ingredients in this order to the blender.  Mix until smooth.  Adjust to your liking.


The new Martin's has wheatgrass!!!  It was 2.99 for a container, but I planted it and we've already had 5 rounds of smoothies.  You can use other fruit.  This happens to be our favorite combo, but blueberries, raspberries, peaches all go nicely too.  I've found the banana sweetens it so I don't have to use much honey.  If we ever have more over-ripe bananas than we're gonna eat (which rarely happens with 3 boys :), I peel them, throw them in a freezer bag, then use them at a later time for this or banana bread. 

No comments:

Post a Comment