Wednesday, December 1, 2010

chicken satay lettuce wraps

Ok.  These are uh-mazing.  I got this recipe a week ago, and have made them twice already...  And our kids love it!  It probably helps that we've fed giraffes at the zoo lettuce leaves similar to these, so they pretend they're giraffes and scarf down those suckers plain :)


Chicken Lettuce Wraps
1 pkg. of 3 chopped chicken breasts, marinated in:
1/4 c. soy sauce (I use GF tamari)
1/4 c. oil
1/4 c. brown sugar (or sucanat)
1 T. asian chili sauce (like sriracha)
1/4 c. minced cilantro
4 scallions, sliced thin
Mix, and toss with chicken cut into small cubes.  I like to marinate the chicken for atleast 4 hours.  Melt 2 T. coconut oil in skillet.  Saute chicken until cooked through.


Wrap chicken in boston lettuce leaves and serve with shredded carrots, shredded red cabbage, bean sprouts, rice, and peanut sauce.


Peanut Dipping Sauce:
1/2 c. peanut butter
1/4 c. hot water
juice of 1 lime
1 T. asian chili sauce
1 T. brown sugar
1 garlic clove, minced
1 T. cilantro, minced
2 scallions, sliced thin


Source: recipe from BROOKE - thank you!!!  candle from KARI - love it!!!


My gratitude journal got me going this morning, when I woke up with a list rolling in my mind of everything that just isn't right, how refreshing again to give thanks for the many blessings, for all that we don't deserve and that which I don't accept easily, but want to savor, like the snow is falling, falling like forgiveness from the sky...







No comments:

Post a Comment