Tuesday, December 7, 2010

honey caramel corn

Santa’s workshop is in full swing…
We’ve been busy dreaming, knitting, sawing, sanding, infusing, crafting, baking, hammering, painting…Which is all so much more enjoyable and relaxing for me than pushing a cart through a store this time of year.  










































Not to mention some random projects the boys have thought up, like a clock Miles made all on his own - pretty impressive, I'll say!

Jack's working on a home for all his lizards and snakes.  
These boys love the work bench T-Pa made them.  It's amazing how entertaining a box of wood, some nails and a hammer is!    


One scarf saw completion this weekend!!!



















I sampled a new recipe for caramel corn last night, and this stuff has got to get out of our house!  Quick!  The recipes I've used before called for corn syrup, which I wanted to replace with something "healthier" this year.  I typed in honey caramel corn and Google led me to this recipe:  
http://familyfun.go.com/recipes/honey-caramel-corn-677082/  
It is such a rich blend of flavors.  I added more orange zest than it calls for, and I used sucanat in place of brown sugar.  So, basically it's health food now...





























And while I was working on some of these things, I looked out the window to see this. I’ll be the first to admit I’m not the biggest fan of the cold. But there’s something about little boys bundled up and the squeals that come with getting out the sleds that drew me outside for awhile.

 

















































I shoulda known that this snowball was headed for me…

No comments:

Post a Comment