Tuesday, December 21, 2010

chicken black bean soup


This has been my day.  Introducing littlest one to the potty.  With backpacks hung for 2+ weeks and a slower week planned, I thought we would tackle it.  2 successes out of 7.  I’ll take it! 
So, after my attention was on Jude all morning, during his nap this afternoon, the boys and I made and decorated Christmas cookies…the simple way.  Thank you, Bekah, for the GF box mix to try out!  We made Christmas ornament cookies this year.  BY FAR, the easiest way of making Christmas cookies we’ve done, and perhaps that’s what made it the most enjoyable.















With all this going on, I’m thankful for recipes like this.  Hearty soup cooking all day long, because with 3 very lively boys, there is plenty else to do…

chicken black bean soup
2 chicken breasts
2 cans black beans, drained
30 oz. rotel tomatoes
1 c. salsa
1 T. cumin
14 1/2 oz. can tomato sauce
cilantro (add at end)
Place in crockpot on low 6-8 hours (depending on how quickly your crockpot cooks).  Shred chicken at some point, after 4 hours or so.  Add back in the shredded chicken to finish cooking.  I add a huge amount of chopped cilantro right before serving.
Source: Julie - this always makes me think of you :)  love and miss you girl!

Like savor these ever-growing boys...

Miles drawing baby Jesus with a lightsaber (surely God smiles at this mind He created), or
Jack's chicklet teeth on top of that ornery grin of his, or 
Freshly bathed little one with his footy jammies, his Christmas kitty ("who is shy"), a sippy cup of milk and a cookie with "pinkles" on it.  


As much craziness as a day can hold, I want to relish these moments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment