Tuesday, November 16, 2010

apple salad

One of my latest snack cravings, an old recipe from my childhood (sugar omitted).
Good Ole Fashioned Apple Salad
2 apples, chopped
1 banana, halved then sliced
1/3 c. raisins
1/3 c. walnuts
juice of 1/2 of a lemon (or lime)
Mix and enjoy....  
For breakfast, for an after-school snack, with a meal, late at night.  I would right now, but we're out of apples we've been making this so much :)


I was having such a productive afternoon.  I do relocation consulting in the area, and just love it.  Yesterday I got a call for a tour on Thursday, so I was working this afternoon on putting together her welcome packet and itinerary when this came across my desk... "Der Mom. Wood. Yo. Lik. To. Cum. To. Look. At. Mi. Shep (which is ship, not sheep - oops!). Luv. U. Mom." (from Jack) 

















No matter how much I love what I do and how much I needed to get done, nothing could compete with that note!  It will get done.  Always does.  But, this boy needs his momma to get into his world.  Because I have a feeling if I don't now, it will only get harder...So, off I went (after making tea for 2 and yes, more apple salad :) aboard his ship.  Look out, Jude is about to press the "self-destruct" button!  




No comments:

Post a Comment