Tuesday, November 2, 2010

pumpkin spice latte

It's PUMPKIN MANIA over here!!!
I'm officially obsessed. I already have been putting pumpkin in everything I can.  (Something about pumpkin shortages will do that to you...)  But, now Wal-Mart has pie pumpkins for 25 cents.  So, I'm attempting pumpkin puree today.  
And while I do, I'll probably be drinking one of these.
Our town now has a Starbucks, which I currently drive past 4 times a day.  That's a crazy amount of temptation!  Because it's autumn, and the leaves falling to the ground and the days getting shorter and the morning air greeting you with such crispness somehow seems more lovely with a pumpkin spice latte in hand.  But, I still have a hard time spending $3.69 for 8 ounces of coffee (I don't even get a tall!)  I know I will break down one of these days....But until then...

Pumpkin Spice Latte
All recipes has a good-looking recipe, but I've just been adding pumpkin pie spice to Andy's home-roasted coffee.  This particular time, I added whipping cream and agave nectar to sweeten.  You can also use whole milk and pure maple syrup or sucanat.  


No comments:

Post a Comment