So, I set off into the woods to clear the mind, to chase after the light.
It was more glorious than I remembered. My pace slowed as I found the rays beaming into the woods, day unveiling its light.
I rode by a stream we have passed hundreds of times, but this time I was drawn in. Tapped down the kickstand, I needed a closer look.
To study the way the light danced across the water.
To memorize the gentle sound of river sloshing over rock.
To still my soul long enough to recall:
The Lord is my Shepherd; I have everything I need. He lets me rest in green meadows; He leads me beside peaceful streams. He renews my strength. He guides me along right paths, bringing honor to His name. Even when I walk through the dark valley of death, I will not be afraid, for You are close beside me. Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me. You prepare a feast for me in the presence of my enemies. You welcome me as a guest, anointing my head with oil. My cup overflows with blessings. Surely Your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life, and I will live in the house of the Lord forever. Psalm 23 (NLT)
I could almost feel the strength breathed back into me.
As I thought through the ways His goodness and unfailing love pursue me....
- my love loading up my bike for me escape for an hour, to renew my mind
- eyes to see all this
- ears to take it all in
- lungs to breathe deep
- sun breaking through, chasing away the night
- 2 boys jumping off the diving board (answered prayer!)
- 1 boy yelling “for a happy meal!” as he did
- joy in rewarding their courage with a happy meal
- freshly picked lettuce in a BLT with roasted red pepper mayo for mama
- Udi's for coming up with such great gluten-free bread
- recalling exactly 1 year ago today, laying in a hospital bed with a post-op drain tube from my neck, knowing His peace and courage
- He preserved my life
- He restores my soul
my cup overflows...