Monday, January 10, 2011

ghiradelli chocolate cheesecake

There's a little bit of a story behind this cheesecake, but I'll spare you the details of trying to find a gluten-free meal in Chicago last weekend on our anniversary getaway and just tell you that Cheesecake Factory did NOT have a GF cheesecake.  So, this was made upon our return home, and was super yummy, AND much less than the $7 a piece they were charging.  


ghiradelli chocolate cheesecake 
18 crushed oreos (about 1 1/2 cups)  (OR cocoa pebbles because they are gluten-free.  I used 1 cup crushed cocoa pebbles and 6 GF oreos.  Next time I'd like to try a mixture of nuts and cocoa pebbles)
2 T. melted butter (I used 4 T.)
4 pkg. softened cream cheese (I used 2 regular and 2 neufchatel cheese)
1 c. sugar 
2 T. flour (I used GF rice flour blend)
1 t. vanilla
8 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted and cooled slightly (it's worth the extra $1 to buy ghiradelli)
4 eggs
HEAT oven to 325.  Mix cookie crumbs and butter.  Press into 9 inch springform pan.  Bake 10 min.  BEAT cream cheese, sugar, flour, vanilla with mixer until well blended.  Add melted chocolate; mix well.  Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low after each just until blended.  Pour over crust.  BAKE 55 min. to 1 hr. or until center is almost set.  Run knife around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim.  **Refrigerate atleast 4 hours.  
**I would refrigerate atleast overnight, and I think it tasted even better the next day after that.**
source: adapted from the Philadelphia brand cream cheese recipe



Now, I have officially sworn off sweets until Valentine's Day.  SO, that is the last of the desserts for me for awhile.  This afternoon we're feasting on kale chips.  I know, it's weird.  But somehow our boys love them...and it was Jack's suggestion to make them today.  Really.  Here's the proof...





This morning as I left for Zumba, I noticed the many tracks in our driveway, revealing how full our weekend was.  And I was overcome with gratitude for the people in our lives.  The refreshment I feel this morning comes from the fullness that those relationships bring, and from seeing God's hand in crossing our paths.  







No comments:

Post a Comment