Monday, January 24, 2011

broccoli beef stirfry

I meant to add this earlier to my previous thoughts, but I accidentally pressed post instead of preview, and since I still haven't taken the time to figure out how to pull a post when I do that...Today is your daily double!
















Broccoli Beef Stir-fry... 
or known 'round here as prehistoric trees (broccoli), dinosaur bones (beef), and dinosaur eggs (rice)
1 T. coconut oil
4 T. soy sauce (I use GF tamari sauce)
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 inch piece ginger, peeled and finely chopped
12 oz. **marinated lean beef steak, cut into strips (I use sirloin)
1/4 c. dry red wine (you could sub beef broth)
2 t. cornstarch
2 small bunches broccoli, cut into small florets
Cooked rice or rice noodles
Heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok.  Add the beef, garlic, ginger, soy sauce and stirfry over medium heat until beef is browned.  In a small bowl, mix the wine and cornstarch well.  Add to the pan the broccoli (and any other desired vegetables - sliced red pepper or green onion would be delish) and the cornstarch mixture; cooking until vegetables are just tender, 5 minutes or so.  I cover them for a bit during this, stirring often.  
Serve with rice or rice noodles.


**I like to marinate the steak in soy sauce, garlic, and ginger for atleast 30  minutes.  But the longer, the better really.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this recipe I have always wanted to learn how to make this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you like it, Wendy! You know, if you all come down, I will make it for you...just sayin :)

    ReplyDelete