Friday, January 21, 2011

love the little things.

Just a few weeks ago, we were sitting on the couch for a few hours with nothing to "do."  No big matters to discuss, the house was clean, laundry folded, kids asleep, checkbook balanced, with a cup of tea in hand, I told Andy "we need to find some sort of hobby to do."  The words were out of my mouth before I realized what I said (oh, the joy of being an extrovert :)  He paused (because he is in the category of "he who thinks before he speaks") and says... "Like renovate a house?"  
Well, guess what?  We have a hobby.  
It has taken up any extra nook and cranny of time we have left to give.  And we haven't even lifted a finger yet, it's still in the planning stage.  I just can't wait to get in there to rip up the old carpet, tear down some walls...The plans continue to form in my mind of what it could be, what it is going to be.  But I'm starting to realize the patience it takes to do things well, redo things right.  I have so much to learn.

When something is broken, I just want to fix it.  But I have a feeling God is teaching me to wait, and I have more to apply it to than simply our house.  Not just waiting it out until it's the way I want it to be.  But being still in His presence.  Not rushing in with my sledgehammer to rebuild.  But to ask.  To trust.  To praise.  To love the little things.

There's a lot to love.
Like, SNOW DAYS!!!





and having my boys all to myself all day long!!!


this boy reading to me.  he is SO grown up!!!




BLT salads with avocado and homemade GF croutons!!!



















basil, even in January!!!



































He makes all things new.  
And I love that sometimes in our waiting, we realize that what truly needed renewed was ourselves.  

He has given me a new song to sing, a hymn of praise to our God.  Psalm 40.3

No comments:

Post a Comment