Tuesday, October 12, 2010

chocolate pudding

I've had to regroup this morning.  Yesterday, we had no fevers in our house (Jude was the first to get sick 10 days ago).  So ready to be past this and get "on" with life, I started to think of all we were going to do today - errands I'd put off all last week to care for sick ones....But, woke up this morning, and Miles' fever is back.  So, he is home again from school and after the great disappointment, I was reminded of yesterday painting pumpkins because he was sad to miss art class at school.  And how much we've been enjoying reading Huckleberry Finn together.  And how special it's been to be able to do his school papers with him.
I realize what a gift in disguise this may be.  I am pretty sure this will pass, and life will again become full of filling our home with friends and venturing out.  But, something I read yesterday reminded me that the way we live our days is the way we live our lives.  Even these days are full of His grace.  Not sure what our day will be filled with...perhaps some...


Chocolate Pudding (or, as Jude calls it: "coclate wooding" :)
1/3 c. sugar or sucanat
2 T. cornstarch 
1/4 c. cocoa powder
2 c. milk
1 t. vanilla
2 T. butter
Mix first 4 ingredients with whisk.  Stir until smooth.  Cook on medium heat until bubbly.  Remove from heat and add butter and vanilla.  Stir until smooth.  Try to let cool before eating it...


3 comments:

  1. I may need to go gluten-free if all of the recipes are this yummy. I'm defintiely trying this one. Miss you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it's a lot easier than I thought it was gonna be. Let me know what you think if you try it! I miss you too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really good, Sar, and so fast! I'll try to save some for Jean. I think I would increase the sugar slightly (maybe not if I had 3 boys). :o)

    ReplyDelete