Tuesday, May 31, 2011

leavin' it all behind.

Say farewell to the confines of my own back yard,
Weeds growing around the flowers.
Sometimes the only way to break the curse
is to leave it all behind.

- Over the Rhine


We have a lot we should have done today, 
but we decided to do what was most needed.



Thank you, Alton Brown, for the normal-tasting gluten-free chocolate chip cookie recipe.  Who would have ever known they were made from brown rice?!?  (I substitute 1 scant cup sucanat for the brown sugar.)  They are one of our faves!  

 
If you've never stared off into the distance, then your life is a shame. 
- Counting Crows


Oh, those faces that I love...



One of our favorite places here is the pizza shop on the beach.  This is my first trip post-GF, so I brought my own crust to ask if they would put on toppings and bake for me.  BUT, they had a gluten-free pizza!  (You can see below how excited I was :)  AND, it tasted just as good as ever.  No one could tell a difference.  Thank you, Lord!

Yes, we give our kids a can of switch and a sucker, then strap them in the car for a 1 1/2 hour drive.  That's what you do when it's 90 degrees, and you don't have air conditioning, I guess :)

Hello to another full week, 
working on the house and potty-training-take-97. 
We didn't get rid of our weeds today, but we gained so much more... perspective.

3 comments:

  1. love it! so happy you stole away! (not sure why it blogger won't let me select my account...but this is ang.) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this post. Glad you had a wonderful day at the shore. I recently discovered your blog and have enjoyed reading some of your adventures and thoughts. Thanks for encouraging me. What beautiful boys you have. I can totally identify with you on potty training take 97. Again, thanks for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. anonymous ang - thanks sweet friend!
    laura - how fun to hear from you! i am so glad you wrote - thanks for your kind words. potty-training, take 97 is going well so far - 2 days down!!!

    ReplyDelete