Monday, April 16, 2012

outside

true.
Yesterday was one of those days.


Andy gently nudged me from the nest and gifted me with the space of quiet.
He even set my bike out on the sidewalk for me. 
He takes care of me, that guy.


Someday I may be able to put into words the whirlwind of stories and emotions and events from this past week {turning 34!, celebrating the Resurrection and the Life!!, "mom and me" road-trip to Ohio with my middle son for the auction of my grandma's estate, conversations in the car, another flood of sewage in the basement, call from my love at 11 pm on his way to the ER with a head injury from indoor soccer, new parenting challenges, to name a few}.

It's been a lot to process, and I didn't think I had the time to do so. 
Truth is, I didn't have the time not to. 

Somewhere in those 30 minutes of open eyes and stillness, pedaling and listening, I heard:
be careful what you treasure.
make the most of your days.
this is not all there is. 
AND, never ever second-guess your husband when he suggests you get outside for awhile. 
Teach me your way, O Lord, and I will walk in your truth;
give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name.
~ psalm 86.11


Happy Monday, friends!
Wishing you all moments of fresh air and open eyes, 
chances to be reminded of who you are and who you want to be.

3 comments:

  1. you are lovely. just are. and i wish for a coffee date to sit and marvel at all these things...together...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your posts often and I think it is about time I say thank you! This is a great reminder. You are an encouragement to me in my walk with the Lord, specifically as a mom and wife. Thank you for being transparent and vulnerable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ang, Me TOO!!! Miss you, dear friend.

    RUTH!! So good to hear from you. Thanks for such encouraging words. You know, if you're ever in the area, let us know. We'd love to see your faces!

    ReplyDelete