Wednesday, January 18, 2012

cinnabun muffins {grain-free}

Never thought I'd see the day I would be writing a post about making muffins out of almonds.  
I guess, today's the day.
Muffins.  Out of almonds.
And, a mighty fine muffin it is.


Cinnabun Muffins 
{gluten-free, grain-free, so-good!}
1 cup almond flour
2 T. coconut flour
1/2 t. baking soda
1/4 t. salt
1/4 cup oil
1/4 cup honey
3 eggs
1 T. vanilla
In a large bowl, whisk together oil, honey, eggs and vanilla.  Sift together almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, and salt in another bowl.  Combine the dry ingredients with the oil mixture.  Spoon into a greased muffin pan until 2/3rds-full.  Top with a mixture of 1 T. cinnamon, 2 T. brown sugar (or sucanat), 1 T. oil.  Sprinkle with walnuts.  Bake at 350 for 8-12 minutes.  Makes 9 muffins.
source: inspired by, adapted from elana's pantry


What makes a good muffin and a cup of coffee in the morning taste even better?  Redirecting my thoughts, fixing my gaze, basking in mercy.  


My Father's mercies are new every morning.  May this mama's be new as well.
Wishing you all a feliz dia as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment