Friday, November 4, 2011

unplugged.

To this day every breath we breathe is a reminder of our Maker,
and every hour holds the possibility of living in His presence.
- Matt Redman, The Unquenchable Woshipper

I can barely remember washing windows at our other houses {translation: I don't know that I ever did...}, but the overspray of the pressure-washer left the outside of our windows looking pretty rough.  This morning, I grabbed a roll of paper towels and spray bottle of H2 and started scrubbing away.  
We have been looking out filthy windows for too long.  I have gotten used to admiring the sun shining through the glass, without noticing how spotty the view really was.  Somewhere in the middle of washing those 36 windows, I realized how clouded our vision can be.  I was reminded of the words:

   In repentance and rest is your salvation, 
   in quietness and trust is your strength.
Isaiah 30.15

How often the last phrase of that verse "But you would have none of it" can be true of me.  I see the need for a good cleaning on the window of my soul.

Lord, teach me to listen.
The times are noisy and my ears are weary with the thousand raucous sounds which continuously assault them...
Let me hear Thee speaking in my heart.
Let me get used to the sound of Thy voice,
that its tones may be familiar when the sounds of earth die away 
and the only sound will be the music of Thy speaking voice.  Amen.
- A.W. Tozer

Some of the "raucous" I cannot control (it's called 3 boys :)  But, this I can...Pressing post.  Closing screen.  Spending the weekend unplugged. 
Happy Weekend-ing!

3 comments:

  1. Love this, love you, friend! Hope you have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara, there is an award waiting for you on my blog:)
    Lena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holl - as always, thank you! much love to you :)
    Lena - you are too kind - thanks for thinking of me :)

    ReplyDelete