Monday, May 7, 2012

nine years.

Nine years and five days ago, I met one of my favorite people in this whole round world. His name is Miles. I am honored to be his mama, to discover with him how to live this life and respond to this world.
I've been strolling down memory lane, thinking over the past 9 years. How one tiny bundle could find his way into my heart expanding it bigger than I knew possible. How one little guy who couldn't talk would teach us so much. About all we've been through, and how many times he has looked at us with trust in his eyes. I have to wonder where the time has gone, and try not to think how old he will be in another 9 years! I have some growing up to do, learning how to love and nurture, but not over-parent. How and when to let go, and when is okay to hold tight. I'm so thankful we don't have to know all the answers. We know the One who continues to meet and carry us when we realize we can not do this on our own. 
Let us cling to Him (Jesus) and never stop trusting Him.
~ Hebrews 4.14b {NLT}

























 
together sled (2)
miles
DSC_0063
DSC_0114
DSC_0001
DSC_0079
The below pic is one of my faves. He told me "I noticed the flowers and was thanking God for them."
DSC_0374


Dear Miles, I always hope you pause to notice His wonderful creation, that you never cease to be amazed by the Creator and His boundless love for you. 
I pray His delight in you would be the loudest voice you ever hear.
We thank Him everyday for how He has so intricately crafted you. 
For your tender heart, beautiful mind, precious soul. 
You are so very loved, Miles!




 "We're having a staring contest. He's gonna win." he says :)

his birthday dinner of choice: brazilian rice and beans and pão de queijo

 

All to celebrate you! 

The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you,
He will quiet you with His love,
He will rejoice over you with singing.
~ Zephaniah 3.17 {NIV}

4 comments:

  1. happy birthday to your sweet Miles! can't wait to play Legos again soon. :) what a gift he is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful soul he has! The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. :o) Look at those 2 parents--they're kids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, the staring contest = hilarious! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ang, you are so dear! You know, there is a house for sale one street over... :)

    Holl, glad you got a kick out of that - we did! We were so young, and God is so gracious!

    ReplyDelete