Wednesday, February 15, 2012

happy valentimes

Valentine's Day came and went, and we celebrated it up! 
Date night! Valentines. Heart-shaped bacon and homemade pumpkin donuts. Parties. {A.K.A. Obscene amounts of candy exchanged.} 3 Crushes (just the pop, for now :) Fires and fondue with the fam. 
Last night, the kids were all nestled snug in their beds, visions of conversation hearts and toilet paper-snowmen dancing in their heads. I had plans to write this, as the house was quiet and the hubs was at class, but my head was pounding. As I drifted off to sleep, praying for my boys and for my life to count and to know Him more, the lyrics sang in my mind: Oh how He loves...   

How fitting that on a day we set aside to celebrate love, from the morning greeting us with a fresh blanket of snow to my last stream of consciousness, and everything in between are just gifts of the Everlasting Love Himself.

No matter how deep the stain of your sins, I can remove it. 
I can make you as clean as freshly fallen snow. ~ Isaiah 1.18 {NLT}

You, my friend, are so very loved. More than we could ever imagine...

I pray you, being rooted and established in love, may have the power to grasp 
how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 
and to know this love that surpasses knowledge... 
~ Eph. 3.17b-19a

May we know this love. This patient, kind, sacrificial, gentle, freeing, mercy-full, protecting, joyful, trustworthy, always-hoping, always-enduring, never-letting go, making-a way kind of LOVE.

 But God showed His great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners. 
~ Romans 5.8 {NLT}


















Oh, how He loves, 
on valentime's* day and every other in between...
*yet another phrase of Jude's that is too cute to correct :)

No comments:

Post a Comment